Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week One - complete

Training: On February 14, I hurt my ankle.  I've spent the last month resting it, using non-impact cardio machines like AMT and elliptical, but not running.  Yesterday, was my first day of "running."  Running being a totally subjective term.  I went a total of 1.65 miles at 5.0 - 6.0 pace, and walking every half mile.  However, the foot feels good, and today I was able to run a total of 2.0 miles without walking in between. Pace was still between 5.0-6.0, but foot still feels good.

Fundraising: Over the past week, I've used my facebook account to begin encouraging people to donate to GOTR. In one week, I've raised $210, enough to convince me to up my goal from $1000 to $1500.  That money will be enough to fund 2 inner city sites for one season or one site for an entire year. http://www.active.com/donate/SoleMates2010/SLea1 takes you right to my fundraising page.  I'm encouraging everyone to give at least $10.  Every dollar counts in an organization like GOTR of Jackson County!

Perks: Yesterday I received my welcome box to SoleMates.  My $26 registration fee got me a lot of goodies!!!  First, notice how cute welcome box is, tennis shoe box with footprints on it - ahhhhh.








In the box was a bunch of really fun loot, my favorite being the singlet.  There's also a training manual for half and full marathon. . .gets me thinking maybe October will hold the KC half marathon for me.  We shall see.

Besides my foot, the biggest struggle I'm facing right now is the weather, the long winter, and the extra pounds I've picked up to drag me down.  So, starting this week, my first priority will be to hydrate with water.  If you know me at all, you know I do not like water. However, yesterday I picked up some lemons at the grocery store, got my HUGE cup out of storage and will start downing at least one big cup of lemon water a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment