Friday, April 9, 2010

9 weeks to go

The countdown is on, I have 9 weeks to raise $1200 and to get mileage and speed up.  I am sure I can do both. However, I obviously need your help with the fundraising piece. Please consider giving a donation of $10 or more to support my SoleMate quest. What does your money do???

Quick example: We have 83 girls signed up for GOTR this spring. Of those girls, half are fully scholarshipped in at our "closed" sites in the urban core. Now, where does that money come from to pay for the girls? You guessed it - SoleMates is our number one funding source for cutting costs and providing scholarships.

Donate NOW! See how easy I made it for you!!!


On to the training. My goal is to drop about 20 pounds for this event. Being lighter will help me run faster and avoid injury. I've made 3 significant changes to my diet and have dropped 5 of those 20 pounds in the last 2 weeks. 


1. Drink WATER - just check out my profile pic on FB and all my water posts to know this is true.
2. No cream in my coffee. I'm still drinking my coffee every morning, just cut out all that sugar and calories the cream added.
3. Cut out chips.  By far the hardest!! However, I've replaced chips with Wheat thin chip like crackers. I believe the factor with these are that while I'm making lunch, chip bag is not open and I'm not eating and eating and eating chips.  (We've gone from 3-4 bags of chips a week to maybe 1.)


These are pretty simple changes and have huge results. Does this mean I'm planning to do these things forever? Mmmmm, the water is probably a good thing to keep up with, the cream I'm learning to live without. Chips, well, maybe doing portion control will be a better alternative. But while I'm training, YES!!!!  I can live with these three things!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment