Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I am so blessed by what God has given me.  Sometimes, (who am I kidding?) most of the time, I don't see it or appreciate it.  So, since I am up at 5:26 this morning, I thought I might make a list of some of  my blessings, which is really turning into the greatest things about my kids.  Well, it's nearly Mother's Day, time for me to love on my babies.  

I have three healthy beautiful children who care about each other.  The little ones won't sleep unless they're in the same bed.  They play Yahtzee together, watch tv together and root for each other.

Gracen, my oldest, is a responsible, mature 8 year old who excells in spelling (something her  mama struggled with and still does.)  She's learning to take chances and that it's OK if things don't turn out the way she thinks they should.  (Another lesson I need to learn.) She has lots of friends and really gets along with pretty much everyone.  She's the peace maker, and she's also the helper.  She loves fashion and all things Hannah Montana.  Of all my kids, she is most like me.  

Jadon, my son. . .there's just something so special, so unwritten, and so unexplainable about the relationship between a mother and her son.  When I first found out I was pregnant with Jadon, he was not developing as expected.  I prayed and prayed over that boy, and God saved him.  I know God has great plans for him.  He's athletic, funny, witty, and oh so sensitive.  He loves dancing around the house and playing with his little sister.  He is growing into a strong, self-assured boy.  

And then there's Abby, my baby.  She loves animals, loves to laugh, loves to play.  She's imaginative and loves stories.  She's a trooper, will ride a bike that's attached to mine throughout town.  She's clever, loves to play jokes on me. One morning I went to get the coffee out of the pantry only to find that she'd exchanged my coffee container for the play coffee container on the toy shelf. Being the third child, she gets the most mommy time, and together we get to have lots of adventures just the two of us.

I am really looking forward to school being out this year so we can hang out all day.  We'll spend time at the pool, and maybe take a trip or two - St. Louis maybe Toledo.  My kids are great travelers.  Last October I drove them to Florida.  It was three days coming and going.  They handled it better than I did, and we didn't even have a DVD player for them to watch. We spent countless hours playing "I'm going on a Trip."  We drove through Memphis and wondered if we'd see Miley Cyrus.  We counted lanes of traffic coming into Atlanta.  And then we hung out in Florida with my parents.  It was a grand adventure, and I can't think of anyone I would have rather done it with.

Yes, I am definitly blessed.  I have the three best kids on the planet, and I get the privilege of being their mother for their whole lives.  Happy Mother's day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment