Sunday, July 5, 2009

Customer Service

Friday it was pouring down rain when I took the kids to the store for our weekly trip. Lately, I've been shopping at the new Hy-Vee. It's close to my house and it's new, what's not to like?

When I finished shopping, I went to get in line and realized I forgot the KoolAid Jammers. Becuase the kids are home, KoolAid Jammers have become a huge time saver for me, grab a bag and you're good to go - take them to to the pool, use them at meals, gotta have them! Anyway, I'm standing there, trying to decide what I should do, skip the Jammers or go try to find them. At that exact moment, an employee says, "What are you looking for?" I tell her, she says, "What flavors would you like?" "Uh. . . red and purple." Off she goes, returning with a box of each, and telling me they are in aisle two with the juice. YEAH!!!!!

While the KoolAid experience impressed me, nothing prepared me for what was about to happen. The kids and I finish checking out and head to the car. As we leave the store, several more employees including the store general manager are standing outside, "Can we walk you to your car?" They ask with umbrellas in their hands. WOW!!! Talk about customer service and anticipating your shoppers needs.

I didn't take them up on the walk to the car, we were pretty close, and it's only water, but the scene has stuck with me. So much so, that I'm taking part of the morning to write about it, and I will probably continue to tell this story to anyone who asks me what I think of the new Hy-Vee.

No comments:

Post a Comment