Friday, July 3, 2009

Training for my half

So, last year I completed my first half marathon. We were in a bit of an odd place trying to get the studio open, and not having a gym membership, the only training I did was a long run once a week and maybe another short run throughout the week. NOT GOOD!!!

This year I am comminting to again complete the Waddell and Reed Kansas City Half Marathon. However, my goals and ambitions are much higher. Here are my commitments between now and October 17th.

1. Cut 20 pounds - taking off the weight will help me feel better, save me from injuries and make me lighter which will make it easier to run.

2. Run 3 days a week every week.

3. Work out 6 days a week every week.

4 Eat breakfast EVERY day.

5. Train with friends.

These five things will help prepare my body for the 13.1 mile run. My goal for race day is to go from a 12:43 mile to a 10:00 mile.

Who wants to join me?

"I am strong. . .I am an athlete."

No comments:

Post a Comment