Monday, January 4, 2010

It's never too late


Ever seen the movie Julie and Julia? Over the last two weeks, I've rented and watched lots of movies, but none of them has touched me quit like this movie did.  While this movie focused on food, the universal theme was living your dream and realizing your passion.  At the same time, what struck me about this movie was the message that it's never too late.


So, here it is, January of a new decade, who's ready to live their passion?  To get involved in something they've always wanted to, but never really new how.  For me, my passion is Girls on the Run.  The mission of healthy living and self-respect for girls is something I wish I felt as a child, teen and young woman.  Now, to get the opportunity to instill that in our girls and help them find their own passion, dreams and goals, is something I'll do forever.


Stop, right now, make a list of the things you want to accomplish, of the things your passionate about, of the legacy you want to leave behind. Go ahead, make your list.  Now, look at it, what is getting in the way of you living it?  What if you could put those obstacles aside and do what made you happy?  Would you do it?  What if you new it was going to be hard, of course it is, what if you new people would question you, would you still do it?  That's what this movie was about, and you know what, both ladies did it.  They set a goal and achieved it, with immeasurable results! 


My challenge to all of you is to find your passion and LIVE IT!!!!!  There will be challenges along the way, but in the end the rewards will be so worth it!  Just look at me, I get to change lives, and 5 years ago I was an obese couch potato who had no clue what I wanted to do with my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment